Don't talk to strangers, don't approach shady people, If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is, Don't trust people who do drugs?
etc. etc. etc.
I probably broke every single rule that was ever given to me. Let's walk through the warning signs at a hotel I stayed at for "free."
1. Jordan and I met the maintenance guy who works at the Knights Inn at a liquor store- mistake 1
2. He reeked of alcohol and was picking up more booze- mistake 2
3. He invited us back to the hotel and said we could get a free room, we followed- mistake 3
4. He smelled as if he hadn't showered in days- check
5. He looked shady, yup, he did, I judge on looks like every other male out there.
6. We showed up to their room, their was knifes, switchblades, axes, drugs, beer cans, booze bottles everywhere.
7. It took him over 2.5 hours to get a room, they asked for a photo (that is a get me out of here smile)
8. The conversations just kept repeating themselves because he was too high and drunk to remember anything. This guy was truly a wild card, that's what scared me the most. At any given time this guy was ready to snap. I didn't want be part of all of this anymore.
9. Once we got a room he followed us back to our room and lit up a cigarette and joint at the same time in our non-smoking room
At this point I am freaked out, he keeps saying "Put Del Rio on the map, put them on the map man, Del Rio on the map!" Like some 26 year old kid will put Del Rio on a map, yeah maybe If I get murdered you all will be put on a map.
10. He finally leaves, then 45 minutes later he comes banging on the door asking for a bunch of money, promising us the room will be free for night number 2. We ended up giving him $30 just go get the hell out of here, dead bolted the door and split real early in the morning.
Side note: she is pregnant with her first kid, his 13th kid!!!! Told me condoms were too expensive. 13 kids.... One-three. I feel bad for each and everyone of those children he has.
Crisis adverted, lesson noted.
The night actually wasn't over for us. I love ice cream, and I love Blue Bell ice cream. It's seriously the best ice cream ever (sorry Wisconsin). Jessi and Eric can confirm I lived off of this stuff in a Louisville.
At 1am, after some beers, we figured it would be a great idea to go pick up some Blue Bell at Walmart a mile down the road. We road our bikes there, Jordan claimed I was just laughing while cutting across 6 lanes of traffic (8 if you include turn lanes) as i pulled up to Walmart. I realized I forgot to bring a lock, so I did what any normal human being WOULDN'T do: I pedaled in through the automatic sliding doors and right on into Walmart to the ice cream section to get me some Blue Bell. I didn't care. It was late, everyone starred at me. I looked ridiculous (I would love to see the security footage of this) but after this type of night, no one was to get in between ice cream and me. I paid and then pedaled out of Walmart the same way I came in: Wheels-a-Blazing!




Unrelated to your most recent post, here is how I imagine you making your way across the country:
ReplyDeletehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhabgvIIXik
Thank you for posting that!!!! I had seen the first one of that series, I wish i were that cool/badass
Delete