Genetically gifted? No
Intelligent? Not really
Naive? most likely
Hard worker! Do not know any other way
Dreamer? For sure
Stubborn? Oh yeahhhhhhh
Is there anything super special about me? No.
What spurs me? Someone telling me that I can not do something, or its not possible. There is no doubt I want to pioneer something in my life.
To sum my life up: I love adventure, I love winning, and I don't know how to quit. High school floor hockey was the Stanley Cup to me. Battleship, you best believe I am bringing my A game. I'll play until any clock expires. I was always competitive by nature;having two older brothers will do that to you, but it never got serious until I got fat in college. Who would of known that pizza 7 days a week + beer + 5 math classes + no exercises = FAT FAT SHAUN.
Since then, I have had an itch to test myself: from backpacking, marathoners, triathlons, ultras, etc.
Goober A and Goober B, my niece and nephew. They remind me how people, not material possessions make you happy. Ever since them I have tried to keep my life simple and minamal in terms of material possessions.
Boston Marathon 2013: attempted to qualify for NYC marathon but failed by about 2 minutes:
Stubborn? Oh yeahhhhhhh
Is there anything super special about me? No.
What spurs me? Someone telling me that I can not do something, or its not possible. There is no doubt I want to pioneer something in my life.
To sum my life up: I love adventure, I love winning, and I don't know how to quit. High school floor hockey was the Stanley Cup to me. Battleship, you best believe I am bringing my A game. I'll play until any clock expires. I was always competitive by nature;having two older brothers will do that to you, but it never got serious until I got fat in college. Who would of known that pizza 7 days a week + beer + 5 math classes + no exercises = FAT FAT SHAUN.
Since then, I have had an itch to test myself: from backpacking, marathoners, triathlons, ultras, etc.
Goober A and Goober B, my niece and nephew. They remind me how people, not material possessions make you happy. Ever since them I have tried to keep my life simple and minamal in terms of material possessions.
Boston Marathon 2013: attempted to qualify for NYC marathon but failed by about 2 minutes:
First ever sub 10 hour Ironman, I owe it all to my brother who pushed me running (and Jessi for being a phenomenal friend/travel partner/cheerleader/organizer/keep me in line and calm during the weekend).
Now it was time for me to go outside the organized racing scene and try my hand at my own "race" my own adventure with no boundaries defining who I'll meet, where I'll go, what I'll do.
FREEDOM
No comments:
Post a Comment