Monday, November 11, 2013

Leaving Chicago and the Lowell Bandit

The journey out of Chicago was suppose to be uneventful. Start in Glen Ellyn and head east to Oak Park. I met Tim and Andy there. 
(Yeah we realize this a guy selfie....)
After that it took all of three miles, three miles for a car/bike accident to occur. 
It was quite possibly the most graceful acrobatic move I had ever seen a human make in my life. Tim and I were riding on about the 4000w block on division (aka terrible neighborhoods). Some lady attempted to cut over from the left hand lane to make a right hand turn making Tim slam right into her mirror, effectively shattering the mirror. The acrobatic part was watching Tim  do a power slide from Mario Kart, sliding a good 4 feet or so while maintaining complete control of the bike.
We pull into a parking a lot and the lady gets out of her car saying: "I got 5 dogs in errrrrrr, 5 dogs, I got five dogs in errrr." 
What?!?
Tim handles it calmly asks if she was alright and she responds about her five dogs, so we just left. 
Leaving a great city behind:

Made it Lowell Indiana on night one where I camped out in Robbies backyard. This guy was classic. He said there had been twenty break-ins in the past 62 nights. I made sure to sleep with my gator machete 
(Oatmeal box for reference)
Robbie's plan: leave his garage door open and unscrew all the lightbulbs but one. He then sat behind the door with a baseball bat. He said he couldnt wait for this bandit to break in to beat him senseless. I don't think he had slept in days waiting up.
I made a quick mental note not to go through that door if I needed to use the bathroom. 
All in all nothing happened, nuts.

2 comments:

  1. Did any of Robbie's lamp shades appear to be made out of human skin?

    ReplyDelete
  2. His house looked like something like this:
    http://disinfo.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/Czermna_-_Chapel_of_Skulls.jpg

    ReplyDelete