Remember National Lampoons Family Vacation where Chevy Chase ties the dog to the back of the bumper and ends up dragging it? (Smart phone users: http://youtu.be/dkT5g1n8Tv8)
Well I neglected to bring my bear mace and gerber machete since I was told dogs wouldn't be an issue on this trip. The second day in, maybe 6 miles from where we were staying I was just cruising along at 14mph as I pulled a POS trailer:
(That's about 180lbs gear + me = 330lbs)
Next thing I know I see a dog chasing me, there was no way I was sprinting past this one. My plan of action was to call the dog names and yell "no." I got lucky the dog came from behind, thus going for the trailer. I didn't expect what happened next, this damn thing actually attacked the trailer and jumped on the back and sunk its teeth into the bag. I went from 14 mph to 5 mph real fast. The damn thing hung on (back legs dragging on the road) for maybe 10 seconds as I was dropping f bombs on the dog and yelling at it. I finally threw a bottle of oil at it, boom direct hit! Doggy goes bye bye.
I plan on having rocks so I can throw them, they better watch out, I have Greg Maddux like accuracy.
Growing pains. We were all friends. We all worked together. We are one awful unit currently. Maybe our planning just sucks but nothing is working out.
Day 1- was suppose to Seattle to Centrailia 100+ miles, actual distance 39
Day 2- was suppose to be 85 miles, actual distance 35
Day 3- was suppose to be 90- actual distance 30 + 60 on a bus (I'll get back to this in the next post)
Lets just say we haven't quite figured out how to operate as a unit yet.

No comments:
Post a Comment