Part II is taking place very shortly!!! T-minus 2 days!!!!
Surly Ogre 29er: solid solid bike. I tackled about 50% smooth paved roads, 25% chip seal, 20% awful who the hell knows what the damn thing was paved with, and about 5% off roading. I was never uncomfortable on this thing. Many cyclists were complaining of road conditions. I never did.
Big wheels = comfort
Disc brakes = no worries
For xc touring I'll stick with a 29er disc unless I am looking for 100% speed.
Garmin Edge Tour: The device is Shaun proof, and that's saying a lot since I tend to brake electronics/gear rather easily. Survived days of down pouring rain, temps below 15, being dropped off the bike a couple of times at 30+ mph, being run over by another cyclists and much much more. Whys that important? I expect and rely on my equipment to work when I need it. The device really came in handy west of the Mississippi. If I were to move to a new city this would be a great thing to have has it will give you different routes to try out! If you have the means to charge it every other day, it's a fun thing to have on your tour.
Axiom Grand Tour Panieers: you suck, lets at least see if your customer service comes through.
Ortlieb Panieers- I love you
Bontragger Lobster Claw Gloves: so nice!
X-celarator Solar charger: meh, at best.
Mophie battery pack: worked like a charm
Life proof case- my phone is still alive, so all good.
What to bring on a XC tour????
I am not an expert nor will I ever claim to be one. I am an experienced shmo, that's all. Remember my tour was November/December so I experienced temps as low as 10 degrees and as high as 80.
Camping gear:
Single man tent, sleeping bag/pad, emergency bivy, knife, water purifier (for emergency), wet wipes, finger nail clippers, tweezers
Cycling gear:
4 tubes, 2 patch kits, tire levers, multitool, emergency tire patch, oil, wd-40, spare spokes, tail lights, head lights.
Cycling clothing:
Padded shorts x2, cycling tights, dri fit shirt x2, wind breaker, rain jacket/pants, socks x2, arm warmers, gloves, hat (winter), baseball hat (for rain/sun)
Casual:
Socks x1, underwear x2, casual pants, tshirt, long sleeve or fleece, winter hat, shoes.
No comments:
Post a Comment